Basic is committed to making our website as accessible as possible to people with special needs, including those with visual, hearing, cognitive and motor impairments. We’re constantly working towards improving the accessibility of our website to ensure we provide equal access to all of our users.
To help us make the Basic website a positive place for everyone, we’ve been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone.
The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA and AAA). We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for the Basic website.
How are we implementing accessibility across our site?
We’ve worked hard on the Basic website and believe we’ve achieved our goal of Level AA accessibility. We monitor the website regularly to maintain this, but if you do find any problems, please get in touch.
As part of our commitment to accessibility, we ensure that our website is compatible with:
- Accessibility plugin – the website have been added with an accessibility plugin for wordpress (more details are available in this link), the plugin allows the user to increase and decrease the website text as well as highlighting page links.
- Standardization – the website is supported by all common web browsers as well as smartphone viewing.
- Structure – the website is structured so the user will be able to navigate through its contents quickly and easily by using easy to understand header and sub menus.
- Content – basic Inc. works towards creating its site contents so that they may be easily understood.
- Increasing and decreasing the site display – users that have a visual impairment can increase the site display size by using the keys: “Ctrl” and “+”, each key press on the aforementioned key combination will increase the site display size by 10%.
Using the key combination “Ctrl” and “-” will decrease the site display by 10%
- Navigating the site using the keyboard – users that have difficulty with using the mouse can navigate the site using the keyboard.
By using the “Tab” key the user can navigate the different menus. Pressing “Enter” will activate the selected option / page link, pressing “Esc” will exit the menu.
The user can navigate up or down the page by using the “Up” and “Down” arrows.
Advisement regarding the website accessibility was done by Alda Inc.
Let us know what you think
If you enjoyed using the Basic website, or if you had trouble with any part of it, please get in touch. We’d like to hear from you in any of the following ways: